Can you imagine being murdered by your own fiance on the night you are supposed to elope? This is the agony that Emily, the corpse bride, went through. She must have wallowed in misery, even in the afterlife. Fortunately, she met Victor who somehow helped her find peace. A corpse bride costume is an excellent Halloween costume, what with its overall creepy look. It is a perfect opportunity to look glamorous and yet ghoulish at the same time.
The Perfect Corpse Bride Costume
Picture yourself on your wedding day wherein you will be at your loveliest, but you have been condemned to spend the rest of your days in the Land of the Dead. That is how your corpse bride costume should look like. Begin with a dreamy-looking wedding gown with all the lace and trimmings. Then make it look shabby, and tattered, just as a bride from the underworld should appear. Your face must have a bluish tinge, complete with dark circles under your eyes. Your hair should look like it has not seen shampoo in many years. Your limbs may also appear as if they belonged to a skeleton.
What You Need for the Perfect Corpse Bride Costume
- An old, inexpensive wedding dress that you would not mind tearing up a bit.
- Put some tears and holes in the dress, dribble some dark blue ink on the bodice, especially on the edges of the train.
- Paint some dark swirls on the edge of the train, as well as on the veil.
- Apply some bluish makeup on your face, and darken your under eye area.
- You may paint some fake skeletal bones on a limb or on your ribs by pasting a drawing or painting on the torso of your dress.
- Wear a long gnarly purple wig to simulate hair that has not been washed in years.
Donning a corpse bride costume can be a lot of fun because it can bring out the beauty in you as well as your hidden dark side. This is probably one of the most creative costume ideas for women. Let your imagination run wild and you may just be the prettiest zombie to ever grace Halloween