Considered as one of Africa's Big Five, the lion - alongside the buffalo, elephant, leopard, and rhinoceros - is an imposing animal, understandingly christened as the King of the Jungle. Known for its strength and mighty roar, the lion instills fear in anyone who does not want to end up as its lunch. Among the many animal costume ideas for men, a lion costume is a popular choice because it depicts the big, strong, macho image that most men would go for.
Reign Supreme with the Perfect Lion Costume
Unless you are portraying the Cowardly Lion from The Wizard of Oz, you would like to appear as huge and ferocious, just the sort of beast that rules the African jungles. You would be wearing a full jumpsuit in a rich golden brown color. Usually attached are the big hairy paws and the long tail. You could also wear the lion costume in two main sections, the top and the bottom. The paws may also be constructed separately and then worn as needed. The most distinguishing feature of the lion is of course its majestic mane. Made out of faux fur, the mane can be in the form of a hood attached to the jumpsuit. It can also be a separate headpiece, only to be worn when showtime begins.
What You Need for a Roaring Lion Costume
- A furry golden brown jumpsuit with attached furry mane and four paws
- Alternatively, a furry brown jumpsuit in two parts - top and bottom
- Majestic lion mane and two front paws may or may not be attached to the top part
- Hind paws may or may not be attached to the bottom part
- If the mane and paws are not attached, do not forget to wear them when the party calls for the king of the jungle!
The perfect lion costume will not be complete without the dignified demeanor of this princely beast. Do not forget to put on your fiercest face and use your mightiest roar as they make way for the lordly lion!